Are you a picture book author/illustrator with a story to share? Consider sharing your work with us! We are actively seeking children’s picture book authors and/or illustrators with captivating tales from remote corners of the world with simple relevant messages and teachable moments.
We publish picture books that ideally…
- target ages 0 to 8 with a limit of 300 words. We believe less is more and are looking to give voice to underrepresented female authors/illustrators/stories.
- in English, it is important that the book makes sense in English, however we encourage multilingual submissions.
- by unpublished authors or illustrators without agents.
Works to be considered by…
- picture book authors include full text of the story with any notes, sketches or storyboard (optional);
- illustrators include five illustrations showing your range for children’s books;
- author/illustrators include a picture book mock-up.
Submit your work…
in PDF format to email@example.com with a query letter outlining in a page or less why this story needs to be shared and why you want to work with Moonjami Press. We encourage you to take the time to look at MoonjamiPress.com and our Facebook page: Moonjami Press. Feel free to submit your work simultaneously to other publishers rather than exclusively to Moonjami Press.
We accept submissions between March 1 and August 1, 2018.
We are deeply grateful that you have taken the time to share your work with us. Moonjami Press is a very small, young publisher and will only be able to work with a limited amount of authors and illustrators. However, we will take the time to consider every submission and you will receive a personal response from us by October 2018.
Happy writing/drawing and congratulations you created a book!